Work in Progress

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERAI’ve had this little quilt all stitched and ready to quilt and bind for – hate to say it but it’s been almost three years. I have no idea what was keeping me from completing it. Other things always seemed more important. Anyway I finally finished it, yesterday. I used  my quilting calculator app to figure out how many strips of binding I needed. It worked perfectly.

I did a double fold binding; stitched the strips on the bias, folded in half along the length and wonder_tapewith wrong side facing. Stitched the binding onto the front and turned to the underside. For the final step of the binding I usually pin in place and stitch-in-the-ditch from the right side. This method means I have to insert lots of pin to make sure that the binding stays in place while I stitch. This time I decided to try double side tape; wash away double side tape to be exact. I put the SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERAtape along the folded edge of the binding, removed the paper protector and secured it into place as evenly as possible. It was a dream to stitch-in-the-ditch; there were no pins to get stuck in my fingers as I sewed. The nice part is that the first time I wash the quilt, the double side tape disappears. My Edge Joining foot also made the stitching-in-the-ditch way easier.

And here is the quilt on my little twin bed. I think it turned out pretty nice.