So here we are, another Sew Creative Embroidery Club year is starting. Retailers just click on Retailer Login to get to the download page.
Anyway, I am always amazed at how quickly the year goes by. We are starting this year off with a patchwork-in-the-hoop project. A pretty potholder that does double duty; in a pinch it could easily be a trivet.
The potholder is made almost entirely in-the-hoop. And we include an easy and practical quilt-as-you-go technique that you can adapt to much larger quilts.
My proof reader Patricia from Life’s A Stitch in Sault Ste. Marie, used her 5D Embroidery software to edit out the “Happy Thanksgiving” and added a row of stitches. What a great idea! It makes the trivet more usable, year round. You can easily do the same, here are some basic instructions for use with 5D Embroidery:
- Open design _01 in 5D Embroidery Plus.
- Click the Edit tab.
- Uncheck the first 6 color bars in the Color Select area. This hides all but the last two color stops - the pumpkin and the lettering.
- Click "Make Block From Visible Area". Click Delete.
- Click the Design tab. Your string block is now plain - no pumpkin and no lettering.
- Add a new motif in place of the pumpkin and new lettering or stitch pattern as desired.
See, so simple. And it’s a great way to make use of your 5D Embroidery software.